The Africa Energy Forum (AEF) is the global investment meeting for Africa’s power, energy, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
Nineteen years in the running, AEF brings together senior-level representatives from governments, utilities, regulators, power developers, financial institutions, technology providers, consultants, law firms and large energy consumers to form partnerships, identify opportunities and collectively move the industry forward. AEF has a loyal following of credible players working in the power space, and a track record of delivering a valuable networking experience.
The 19th AEF will be hosted in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2017 to capitalise on the wealth of Scandinavian companies investing into Africa’s power sector. Undoubtedly the most respected and established gathering of power players, the Africa Energy Forum is the global investment meeting for Africa’s power, energy, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
Five major deals and mergers took place onsite at AEF 2016, indicating the market position of AEF as a legitimate deal-making platform. Such activities also demonstrate the real achievements of our partners working on the continent over the last decade, as more and more projects reach financial close and begin to light up homes across the continent.
- It’s not what you know: AEF brings 75% of Africa’s energy ministries, utilities and regulators to Europe to meet and do business with power investors from around the world. 67 countries were represented at AEF 2015 – 30 of which were African. This global meeting place provides you with a huge pool of potential business contacts all in the same place.
- Find the information that matters, all on your doorstep: The AEF programme splits into targeted country and sector-specific sessions to make sure you maximise your time and money by discovering the facts that matters to you and your business, delivered directly from the decision-makers themselves
- Networking has never been so easy: With the AEF 2016 networking app, ensure you find those crucial contacts and arrange some one-on-one meetings. At AEF 2015, 70% of attendees used the app, arranging nearly 200 meetings and exchanging over 1,900 messages
- Whether you’re buying or selling: The AEF 2016 private exhibition is the hub of the forum, bringing together over 80 credible solution providers in a shell scheme show where investors can promote their products and services and discuss how best to overcome current challenges faced within the market
- Gain value from interactive dialogue: Intimate thought leadership seminars will run alongside the main sessions hosted by partners such as World Bank Group and European Investment Bank. If there’s a question you want answered, now’s the time to ask!
For more information about AEF 2017 in Copenhagen, please email AEF@energynet.co.uk quoting the code: HWMA
Africa Energy Forum – 2017 event details
7–9 June 2017