A fire incident has been averted at the imposing NECOM House, home to NiTel/Mtel which was recently acquired by the NatCom Consortium trading as Ntel.
The fire which broke out on the 32nd floor was quickly contained by Ntel staff and men of the fire service who arrived promptly in response to distress calls sent out.
The fire did not cause any extensive damage and no life was lost.
An eye witness who works in one of the offices in the buidling said “Thank God NITEL has been sold o. The new owners responded very fast and took control of the situation.”
NECOM House, like most high rises on the Marina area of Lagos Island, is no stranger to fires especially during the harmattan season.