Following the launch of the Internet.org app in Zambia and Kenya, Facebook is expanding its partnership with Airtel to bring the app to Ghana.
As part of the Internet.org app, Airtel customers in Ghana will now have access to a set of websites and services for free, including maternal health, education, news and sports updates, and local information.
The full list of free services includes:
- AccuWeather – Get updated weather information
- BabyCenter & MAMA– Learn about pregnancy and children
- BBC News – Read news from around the world
- Ebola Information – Get information about Ebola from UNICEF
- Facebook – Communicate with friends and family
- Facts for Life – Find health and hygiene information from UNICEF
- FunDza – Read books & stories
- GhanaWeb – Get news and information about Ghana
- Girl Effect – Read articles and tips for girls
- Jobberman – Search for jobs
- Messenger – Send messages to friends and family
- News24 – Ghana news
- Scholars4Dev – Find scholarships abroad
- SuperSport – Get sports updates
- Tonaton.com – Buy and sell products
- Wattpad – Read books & stories
- Wikipedia – Find information
Ghana is the fifth country we’ve connected with Internet.org, after Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya and Colombia. More people can now use the internet for free to find jobs, read books, and stay connected and we hope to bring the Internet.org app to more countries soon.
Among the included services are AccuWeather, BBC News, Jobberman, News24, SuperSport, Wattpad, Wikipedia, and of course, Facebook.